This is the School’s 5-year strategic plan, 2007-2012, based on the premise that excellence comes when each and every pupil achieves his or her best, in both the curricular and co-curricular environments. The School believes this goal can best be realised within a supportive and stimulating educational environment that includes state-of-the-art education facilities and resources.
The strategy’s vision focuses on enabling pupils to achieve success through a broad-based education that:
- Emphasises the development of character and leadership.
- Provides diversity of experiences.
- Achieves outstanding academic results.
- Strengthens the international orientation of its educational programs.
- Pursues excellence and requires involvement in wide-ranging and adaptive sporting programs.
- Fosters creativity and participation in the arts.
- Provides class sizes, facilities and an environment that support outstanding education.
JESS pupils are enriched by a compassionate community which shares these values and supports its members, especially in times of crisis. In educating JESS students, we seek to:
- Develop character
- Value commitment and its natural consequences: success and the capacity to stand fast in the face of adversity.
- Recognise and reward success, both in terms of demonstrated excellence and sustained application.
- Encourage innovation and breadth.
- Foster the traditions of the school.
Achievement for a JESS student means:
- Developing enduring friendships
- Demonstrating a strong character, commitment to compassion for others and service to the community.
- Involvement in the experience of leadership and personal enrichment through a wide range of activities.
- Reflecting on personal growth and formulating strategies for future development.
- Working to the best of his/her ability to reach his highest standard of academic performance.
JESS students are confident and energetic participators who demonstrate integrity, wisdom and compassion. They are well-rounded, successful young people, who are keen to take advantage of the many opportunities available within and beyond their life at school. They understand the meaning and value of service.