JESS Ranches prides itself on being a community school, and has a very active parents’ group, which receives tremendous support from the school, parent body and local community.
The JPG, (JESS Parents’ Group) at JESS Ranches was formed in 2006, and includes parents from both the primary & secondary schools. The JPG organises a wide variety of great social events & activities throughout the school year, which connect pupils, staff, parents & the wider local community.
The sort of activities we run include...
• Our annual Spring Fair
• Regular Table Top Sales
• Quiz nights
• Second-hand uniform sales
• Cheese and grape evenings
• Providing Refreshments at school sporting, musical & showcase events
• Welcome sessions for new parents
• Year group informal get-togethers
• Plus many more and new events and new ideas are always welcome!
Since its start the JPG has raised over AED 1,000,000 in funds & whilst making money isn’t our primary purpose, it has enabled us to finance some great extra resources for the school, including....
• Baby Grand Piano named the ‘Henderson Grand’ after former Music teachers Mr. and Mrs. Henderson
• Substantial number of iPads for both the Primary & Secondary schools
• New drum kit for the music department
• Annual donations towards the Year 6, Year 11 & Year 13 Proms
• Professional display boards for art students & showcase events
• Swim blocks for the pool
• KS2 Play Area
• Toys for primary playground
• Books for the Library
• Plus many, many more wonderful resources and items for both campuses
The committee meets once a month to plan & drive the calendar of events. We also rely heavily on parents, staff & students to help out at individual events, but we’d love more parents to join. Any amount of time and support is welcomed no matter how long or how much.
Being involved in the JPG means that. . .
• You’d be a great role model for your kids
• You’d be an active part of your child’s school world
• You could put your skills to good use
• You’d feel closer to & more aware of what goes on at JESS - It’s an opportunity to get to know the staff
• It’s a great way to see the school in operation during school hours
• You’d be giving back to the JESS community
So come & join us!
Email us at email@example.com or look out for help requests and events via the Parent Portal and Class Rep ‘cascade’ system
The wider JPG charter is available for viewing at the foot of this page.