The Art and Design curriculum aims to encourage and facilitate the flowering of creativity that we believe to be endemic in our students. Art and Design contributes to the school curriculum by offering a distinctive way of learning, where seeing, feeling, thinking and making are combined in a powerful form of visual and tactile communication. The art and design department provides a stimulating and creative environment allowing students access to a range of 3D and 2D skills, using such mediums as paint, print, ceramics and sculpture. A more individually tailored program develops the students further so they can each work to their own pace and build confidence in their abilities. Students are encouraged to fully participate in their own learning, through peer assessment, group work and self assessment.
• 2 large spacious art studios fully equipped with resources, including
• Laptops with wireless facilities
• Each studio has access to an inbuilt LCD data projector and IWB
• Kiln with an extensive range of ceramic resources
• Industry standard photographic screen printing equipment as well as traditional etching press