Our musicians perform on a regular basis in a variety of events which change from year to year. Here are some typical examples:
• Recital Evenings and Showcases. These are given by our GCSE/IB and instrumental students and are very popular.
• Festive Assembly. The end of year school assembly is enjoyed by all, and features a variety of groups and ensembles performing a number of favourites. The staff ensemble is usually the highlight of the show!
• JPG Spring Fair & Night Market. These popular annual events give students (ensembles, groups and soloists) the opportunity to perform in front of hundreds of local visitors.
• Secondary Annual Production. All Secondary students have the chance to be part of the annual Secondary performance. Shows to date have been 'Oliver', 'Grease' and 'Dracula'.
• School Open Day. An opportunity for parents to hear live performances during the school tour.
• Local competitions such as 'Battle of the Bands' and school competitions such as 'JESS Idol' and 'JESS Rocks'.
• JESS Music Festival. This 'party in the park' style event has now become a yearly happening and, held on the school field and open to the public, is another opportunity to showcase JESS talent to the local community.
In addition to the above, students have opportunities to perform in informal lunchtime gigs and showcase their class work throughout the year.