Our Physical Education team is committed to delivering high-quality curriculum activities, inclusive physical recreation competitions, sporting house activities and vertical year leagues throughout the year. We pride ourselves on providing as many opportunities for students to get involved in physical activity which can contribute to reduce obesity, improve fitness levels, concentration and self-esteem. This distinct symbiotic relationship with school work can help raise standards throughout other lessons and in their personal and social well being in School life in general.
By providing high quality Physical Education we develop young people to become leaders, officials, independent learners who enjoy physical activity and sport and make it a central part of their lives – both in and out of school.
The JESS student will:
• Understand that PE and sports are an important part of a healthy, active lifestyle
• Develop the confidence to participate in a wide variety of sports
• Develop, improve and refine the skills and control that they need to take part in sport
• Happily take part in a range of competitive, creative and challenge type activities, both as individuals and as part of a team or group
• Think about what they are doing and make appropriate decisions for themselves
• Show a desire to improve and achieve in relation to their own abilities
• Have the aerobic endurance, flexibility and strength to carry out everyday tasks without undue fatigue
• Have a great time in PE lessons, recreational activity and extracurricular activities or sport