JESS is dedicated to the emotional, physical and social well-being of every student. Our aim is for every student to be known and feel part of the JESS school community. The Pastoral Care System is designed so that students are supported in all aspects of school life so that they achieve their individual potential. The partnership of home and school is vital for the school to work effectively to produce young adults who can enter the world feeling confident in themselves and their abilities.
The Aims of the Pastoral Care System are to:
- Encourage students through positive affirmation and rewards.
- Raise the level of involvement and performance by self evaluation and reporting.
- Encourage a high standard of behaviour.
- Provide a cooperative learning environment.
- Maximise a student’s individual potential.
- Encourage the development of the individual as a whole person.
- Produce life long learners.
- Encourage independence of thought and mind.
- Prepare students for life in an international setting.
- Promote responsibility, self-esteem and respect.
- Be aware of the community in which they live and contribute positively to the lives of others.