JESS Parents' Group - Jumeirah
All JESS parents are automatically members of the JESS Parents' Group (JPG), which has been an integral part of the school since 1993 and aims to bring the whole school community - children, parents and staff - together at a variety of events throughout the year, organised entirely by volunteers.
The JPG also adds immense value to the school by raising funds at some of its larger events; these funds are used to purchase extra resources for the school, to finance smaller school events, and to support selected charities.
Resources financed by the JPG range from relatively routine but significant purchases—such as maths and phonics games, books, toys, and sports and music equipment—to larger initiatives such as iPads, the Foundation 1 garden, bleachers for the PE Department, and the traverse climbing wall, which is a great hit at playtimes. Key events include: The JESS Night Market
– a fun and festive day out for thousands of guests from the school community and beyond, and our most important fundraiser; Easter Egg Hunt
– a fantastic event for the younger children; Dads' Five-a-Side Football
– the parental sporting event of the year; JESS Discos
– the highlight of the Years 3-6 social calendar, with music, dancing, games and refreshments; The Summer Ball
– an excellent way for parents & teachers to mix socially in a sophisticated setting; Year 6 Leavers' Party
– to say goodbye in style with a fantastic evening event; Table Top Sales
– the perfect opportunity for parents, staff and children to sell their old toys, household items and books to the wider Dubai community; Book & Bake Sale
– books for all ages and bakes for all tastes; and Quiz Nights
– popular and fun evening events to put parents' and teachers' knowledge to the test!
The JPG also collects secondhand uniform (in excellent condition of course) for periodic sales to bargain-loving parents, provides refreshments at various school events, welcomes new parents with coffee mornings and organises "Drawings by Me", whereby children's artwork is printed on cards, mugs, calendars etc. to raise funds while providing lovely keepsakes.
The JPG owes its existence to the participation of parents - the more, the merrier!