When is an offer made?
The timing of an offer to JESS will depend on the year group you have applied for and whether the place is to start at the beginning of an academic year or mid-year. For specific detail on this please refer to the Admissions Policy.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING AVAILABILITY
We regret to inform you that we are currently full, with over-subscribed waiting lists in most year groups. However, if you are a Corporate Debenture Holder or an Emirati National, you may apply to our join our waiting lists.
Owing to the high volume of applications we receive; we are unable to respond to applications other than from Emirati Nationals or Corporate Debenture Holders.
Additionally, we regret that we are unable to accept applications to join Years 11 and 13 due to the two-year GCSE and IB Course Structure.
The Offer Procedure
The offer procedure differs slightly depending on the year group that is applied for. The documentation and payments that are required to allow registration at the KHDA and to fulfil the JESS internal requirements also differ slightly by year group. This is all detailed in the offer letter and further details can be found in our Admissions Policy.
- To register your child with the Knowledge and Human Development Authority – the local Education Authority in Dubai (KHDA) it is mandatory that we receive a Transfer Certificate (TC) from your child’s current school. Registration and admission at any school in Dubai without a TC is not possible.
- The original TC must be submitted to the Admissions Office before the student physically attends JESS. This is a UAE Ministry of Education requirement and it is the responsibility of the parents to provide this document.
- Attestation of your TC differs depending on the school/country the student is originating from, so please refer to the guidelines in the table below.
- If a student is originating from a school outside of the UAE, we recommend you;
- check which attestations are required prior to leaving the country as obtaining the necessary attestations once you have left can often prove difficult, time-consuming and sometimes impossible! Please see the KHDA specimen transfer certificate opposite.
To assist you with the requirements please refer to the table below:
|STUDENT TRANSFERRING WITHIN THE UAE|
|Students transferring from schools within Dubai||Original TC from your old school attested by the KHDA|
|Schools from another Emirate||Original TC from your old school attested by The Ministry of Education|
|STUDENT TRANSFERRING OUTSIDE OF THE UAE|
|Students transferring from outside UAE/another country||Attestation required by the KHDA|
|The original TC should be printed on the school's letterhead, showing the school's full name, address, country and telephone number. The TC must be in English and signed by the Principal and stamped with the school's official stamp (please refer to the KHDA specimen transfer certificate)|
|Schools from Africa, South Africa, The Middle East (except UAE), South & Central America, Eastern Europe, Asia, Russia and the CIS||Original TC attested by all of the following: the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UAE Embassy from the current school's location.|
|Schools from the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries||Original TC attested by the Ministry of Education of the GCC country you are arriving from.|
|Schools from the United States, Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand||No attestation required.|
If you have any queries regarding this part of the registration process, please contact us:
Always guided by our Values